Hairs grow on hair follicles that are located on the outer layers of the skin. The root of the hair is embedded into these hair follicles and hair loss occurs when the root becomes weak and starts falling off from the hair follicle.
Hair loss may result in baldness or bald patches on the scalp. There are certain natural remedies and tips that can help prevent hair loss by strengthening the hair roots and hair follicles.
Tips to Strengthen Hair Roots Naturally
- Massage the scalp gently with coconut or almond oil. Massaging helps improve the circulation of blood in the scalp, which in turn improves the supply of nutrients and vitamins to the hair follicles and strengthens the hair roots.
- Faulty diet is also considered to contribute significantly ot hair loss. Increase the intake of foods rich in vitamins and proteins. Increase the intake of soy beans, oats, brown rice and tofu. These are good sources of protein and biotin, which is considered to be beneficial for hair growth and strengthening the hair roots naturally
- Strengthen hair roots with the help of products rich in vitamin B5 and panthenol. These are known to help strengthen the hair. Consuming vitamin B complex supplements on regular basis.
- Eat foods that are also rich in vitamin E like avocados, nuts, olive oil, and seeds.Vitamin E is considered to reduce dandruff of the scalp, which is also an important causative factor for significant hair loss and weaken of hair roots
- Keep hair from falling by drying it naturally instead of using the blow dryer. Blow dryers cause weaker hair to fall off sooner. Also, comb your hair thoroughly once after bathing with a wide-toothed comb and not with a brush or a fine-toothed comb.
- To help stimulate hair growth and to strengthen one’s hair, apply the fresh juice of Aloe Vera leaves onto your scalp. Aloe Vera is considered to have a soothing effect on the scalp and also hastens the growth of new hair.
- Another recipe you can use to stimulate hair growth is vinegar and sage by fermenting for about a week with daily shaking to mix the two well. Once combined, mix a third of this with 3 cups of water and rinse through your hair. Vinegar has anti bacterial properties which keeps the scalp free from infection and thereby helps in healthy growth of hair
- Conditioning and moisturizing the scalp on regular basis would be beneficial in improving the health of the hair.
- Elevated levels of stress and anxiety are also linked with hair loss and weak hair roots. Meditation and yoga practice helps relieve stress and anxiety, which in turn improves the normal metabolic functions of the body and thereby prevents hair loss and strengthens hair roots.
- Local application of homeopathic drug, Arnica Montana, is also considered to improve the roots of the hair and hasten hair growth.